Persuading & Influencing Others Workshop
The workplace is becoming increasingly complex. Flat hierarchies, matrixed management structures, multi-generational workforces and the never-ending flow of information. As a result, the ability to persuade and influence has increasingly become a core skill – in fact, an essential survival skill - for anyone in business.
The reality is that to move someone’s mindset from one position to another requires strategies, preparation and a range of skills. This workshop will provide these through some effective tools and frameworks that will help them influence across a wide range of challenging scenarios.
Persuading and Influencing Others is designed to help people in situations such as the need:
- To win buy-in for initiatives or encourage change within or outside their organisation.
- To influence across a myriad of stakeholders, silos, and competing interests.
- For a support function to build good working relationships with and add value to sometimes cynical business units they service.
- For a manager to be a better leader by communicating more effectively.
- For those without seniority or positional power to influence others.
Participants can expect the following types of outcomes that will ultimately help them and their organisation achieve its goals:
- Universal buy-in for required change or important initiatives.
- Stronger relationships.
- Greater collaboration.
- Enhanced leadership ability.
- Less resistance and genuine buy-in.
- Credibility with senior stakeholders.
- Great confidence, credibility, brand and profile.
The programme uses a ‘7Cs’ communication approach to face-to-face engagement and influencing skill development - Chemistry, Credibility, Curiosity, Compelling case, Clarity, Conviction and Closure.
Developed after considerable research into behaviours around influencing and communication, the 7Cs is designed to consistently underpin each stage of the influencing process, as a methodology for successful stakeholder engagement.
The 7Cs can be applied to any formal/informal conversation, telephone call, meeting or presentation that is held to influence others.
Presenter Bio: Duncan Ashford
Duncan runs Lionheart, a communication skills consultancy that helps business clients with all forms of communication – from sales pitches, presentation and influencing skills to after-dinner speeches and interview skills. From the UK, he’s worked all over the world, bringing his background in relationship management and sales to build a network of international clients and inspiring people to communicate with confidence and authenticity.
We are here to help
If you would like more information or support please contact us:
Wānaka Business Chamber Team
Phone: 027 299 8533
Cancellation and Transfer Policy
In the event that you are unable to attend the activity for which you have registered, kindly inform us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We kindly request a minimum of 10 days' notice prior to the scheduled date of the event. Failure to do so will result in full payment for this event. However, substitutions are permitted if you are unable to attend. For a comprehensive understanding of our terms, please click here.