Become a Member
Scroll down for membership application.
The Wānaka Business Chamber drives business success for its members by being:
The hub - unifying voice for our diverse, creative, and resilient business community
Member focused, proactive organisation guided by a committed and engaged Board of Directors
We aim to strengthen and support Wānaka businesses, promote economic development, and enhance community vitality
Contact For Membership
Contact us today to find out how the Wānaka Business Chamber can benefit your business:
Phone: 027 299 8533
Scroll down for membership application. Signing up is simple, just fill out the form below and we’ll take care of the rest.
Our single-tier membership model is designed to cater to the diverse needs of the Wanaka business community. Whether you're a solo entrepreneur, a small business, or a large corporation, our membership offers value for all.
The Chamber membership is valid for 12 months from the month you join and costs $245.00 +GST. Your memberships covers all employees within your business and we encourage you to involve members of your team in our events.
Complete your application below. It only takes 1-2 minutes to fill out and submit.
Membership Application Form
In becoming a member of The Wānaka & Districts Chamber of Commerce and Industry Incorporated (WBC), your business agrees to the following terms and conditions:
How to become a member
- Application process: You must complete the membership application form provided by the WBC (we or us). We can request further information or interview you as part of reviewing your application process.
- Acceptance: We can accept or decline any membership application. We will advise you if your application is not successful and that decision will be final. We are not required to provide any reasons.
- Terms: If we accept your application you will comply with the Wānaka & Districts Chamber of Commerce (WBC) Constitution and Rules (Constitution) and these terms and conditions.
- Subscription Term: Once your membership is accepted, it will be valid for one year from the date of issue and will automatically renew each 12-month period. A member that resigns will remain liable for any annual subscription payable including for those whose membership subscriptions are split over quarterly payments.
What it costs and how to pay
- Subscription Fees: The annual subscription payable by every member is set by the WBC board annually at the Annual General Meeting.
- Payment: Membership subscriptions are paid in advance and are due on the month of joining. Subsequent annual membership subscriptions are payable by the 20th of the month following each anniversary of membership or each quarter (as is applicable). If any member’s subscription remains unpaid for three calendar months after it has become payable, membership may be cancelled by us.
- Payment Method: We will invoice you based on the contact information you have provided.
What you get as a member
- Member Benefits: Membership entitles the member to the member benefits. The member benefits may be amended by WBC from time to time.
Your obligations while a member of Wānaka Business Chamber
- Conduct: You agree to conduct yourself professionally and in the best interest of the Wānaka business community for the duration of the membership. We may revoke your membership where your conduct or behaviour is considered by us to be inconsistent with our purposes or damages our reputation and/or our members.
- Where we consider your conduct is not acceptable, we will let you know in writing and follow the disciplinary process set out in our rules. Your membership maybe terminated at the conclusion of the disciplinary process.
- No personal benefit: You or any person associated with you shall not receive any income or benefit from us due to your membership except from services you provide to us in the normal course of business and charged at current market rates.
- Events: Events run by WBC are private with the publication of information from any event at the discretion of WBC. Media outlets must obtain consent from WBC if they wish to publish any material in relation to the event.
- You are not able to promote your membership for personal or business gain or use our branding in any way.
- Members employees and agents: You make sure your employees and agents that benefit from your membership are made aware of and abide by the Constitution and these Terms.
- Updated information: You need to advise us of any changes in your contact information.
How to end your membership
- Cancellation: You can resign by giving notice to us in writing at any time. You may be liable for any costs incurred by us in recovering payment of outstanding accounts.
Wānaka Business Chamber rights
- Disclosure of Information: You authorise us to:
- Publish your business name, physical address, phone, website and business description on our website or using other public communication (unless agreed otherwise); and
- Use photographs of you taken by us at our events for promotional material, use on our website and/or social media. Please notify us if you do not wish your photo to be used; and
- disclose your contact details to our Alliance Partners (as amended from time to time) so that you receive exclusive savings and offers.
- Privacy: All personal information will be collected, used, disclosed and stored by us according to the Privacy Act 2020 and our Privacy Statement.
- No assignment: You cannot transfer or assign your membership under this Agreement without our consent, which will not be unreasonably withheld.
- Amendment: We may make amendments to these Terms and any changes will apply to existing members from one month after the updated Terms have been published on our website.
- No wavier: No failure or delay by a party in insist on the performance of these Terms or to exercise any right will operate as a waiver of those matters. A waiver will not be effective unless it is in writing. A waiver of any breach will not be a waiver of any other breach.
- Liability: We shall not be liable for:
- any losses suffered by you in using services offered by a fellow member; or
- advice given or services provided by third-party service providers even though such providers may have been introduced to the member by us; or
- any failure to provide you with member benefits caused by an event beyond our reasonable control.
We will invoice you upon receipt and approval of your membership application form.