The Wanaka & Districts Chamber of Commerce and Industry Incorporated (Ignite Wanaka). We value your privacy. This policy sets out how Ignite Wanaka collects, uses, discloses and protects your personal information.
- We comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable person. You can find out more than the Act at privacy.org.nz.
- This policy was last updated in December 2022. We may make changes to this policy by uploading a revised version to our website.
What types of personal information do we collect?
Generally, the information we collect includes details such as:
- contact details (such as phone number, email address and postal address); and
- any other information you provide to us.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information that you directly provide it to us. For example:
- when you sign up to be a member; or
- when you use the registration forms and surveys on our website.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information to:
- send email updates and/or announcements;
- deliver the services of your membership to you;
- respond to communication from you; and
- any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
When we collect your personal information, we will only use and/or disclose it for the purpose it was collected. We may use it for a secondary purpose if we have your consent, or if it’s required by law.
How do we disclose your personal information?
- We generally don’t disclose personal information to third parties who are not aligned with Ignite Wanaka.
- However, you agree that we may provide your personal information (in particular, your contact details) to Alliance Partners and other members to make sure you gain full benefit from your membership. We will require our Alliance Partners to keep your information sale and secure but cannot guarantee the privacy and confidentiality when this information is being used by a Partner
- Alliance Partners are 2degrees Business Services, Z Business, OfficeMax, Noel Leeming, Torpedo7, Airpoints™ for Business + Westpac.
How do we protect your information?
- We are dedicated to protecting your personal information from misuse, loss or unauthorised activity.
- Due to the nature of email and the internet, we cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of your personal information.
- We'll record your information in the Ignite Wanaka database. This may be in cloud or other networked or electronic storage.
- This site may contain links to other sites. Ignite Wanaka is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites. We encourage you to review these websites own privacy policies.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You have the right to:
- get confirmation about whether we hold your personal information;
- access that information; and
- request a correction to that information.
These rights are subject to certain grounds for refusal that are set out in the Act.
- Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to do any of these things.
- You may request access to and correction of your information at any time. If you are a registered member you may correct your information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are unhappy with our reasons for declining your request, you may complain to the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner.
What if you don’t provide us with your personal information?
- You do not have to provide us with your personal information.
- If you choose not to, we may not be able to provide you with our services or the assistance you have requested from us.
Making a complaint
- If you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, please contact us. Please provide us as much detail as possible about your complaint.
- We will let you know when we have received your complaint and will look into it as soon as possible. We will respond to your complaint within a reasonable timeframe.
Our contact details
You can contact us at email@example.com.